Sunday, September 18, 2016

Newsletter - September 16

A Peek At What We are Doing in Fifth Grade

Thank you to everyone who was able to make the Eco Week meeting on Thursday.  If you were not able to make it, I sent home your child’s packet with him or her in today’s Friday folder.  Please look over it and let me know if you have any questions.  Eco Week forms and payment are due by next Thursday, September 22nd.  Please make note that all Medicine and Medication Administration forms should be taken directly to the nurse’s office and no medicine or Medication Administration forms will be accepted after Monday, September 26th.
In Friday folders, you received  an envelope containing your child’s individual score reports for the CMAS(PARCC) English Language Arts and Math Tests that they took last spring.  Please look over the information and letter that explains the reports.  You may also go to http://www.parcconline.org/resources/parent-resources  or http://understandthescore.org  for more information.  
In fifth grade we have student-led conferences in place of Parent/Teacher conferences.  I will hold most of my conferences on Thursday, October 13th.  On Wednesday, I will send out a Sign-Up Genius through email for you to schedule a conference time. If you know you need a specific date and time,  please feel free to send me an email, and I will do my best to make that date and time work.
We are reaching the end of our States and Capital’s unit.  Next Thursday, the students will be tested on list 4.   Our final test will only include knowing the location of each state. It will be on Thursday, September 29th.  
One last item.  I strongly believe that teacher and parent communication is essential for student success.  I promise that if I have any concerns that I will contact you immediately.  Please feel free to contact me at anytime if you have any concerns or would just like to give me feedback on how the year is going for your child.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.

Dates to Remember
Collaboration Day - No School - Friday, September 23rd
Halloween Party - Parent Planning Meeting - Thursday, September 29th at 3:40 in Mrs. Oster’s room
Eco Week - Monday, October 3rd - Wednesday, October 5th

Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences - Thursday, October 13th and Friday, October 14th

No comments:

Post a Comment